Monday, January 18, 2010

Childhood memory




















      The elders always say:"childhood is the most valuable and colorful memory of man's whole life."When I was young,I always couldn't wait to grow up;but now when I completely say farewell to my childhood,how I wish I could come back to those carefree days.
     Although I spent my childhood in  a small and nameless village,where materials were often lack of, I had a meaningful and fulfilling childhood indeed.I am now so proud for someone who is rich in memories is really rich.You seee,I am now almost a millionaire.
    however,who made me become so rich in childhood memory on earth?Someone may say:"Your parents, or your playmates."Not totally true!I think one person played a vital role in making my fortune.He is my uncle.
   My uncle is 10 years younger than my dad,and 10 years older than me.When I was in babbling stage,he was having his uniersity life in another city,so every year we had very few days together.But I promise those days with him was the most valuable memory I earned ever,maybe even forever.
   The past time came clearly in view.On a hot summer night when I was about 7 years old,my whole family were busy having summer harvest in the wheat fields.I sat in the truck,staring at the stars in the sky quietly. My uncle came in and suggested telling me and my sister ghost stories.We were all excited,driving away all our Sleepy.Now I know all his tricks.He always sharted with a low toue:"Long long ago,there was a woman living in a small boat.She was always in white,wandering around the river and crying at the night."At that very moment,he usually let out miserable cries.Moreover,he always sharply increased his tone suddenly without any sign.Then my sister and I was frigthened,with our hands crossing around the head and embedding our heads in his arms.Finally he laughted loudly,and then we also laughted,laughter fulfilling the open fields and the empty sky.
   I grew up gradually in my uncle's stories and games.In my little heart he may be just a magician,who has always prepared a great meal for my childhood life.During those poor ages,my uncle has really prepared a spiritual feast carefully,which I enjoyed all along my childhood and will enjoy all my future.
    
   

 

7 comments:

  1. Everyone's childhood is unforgettable.Your carefree youth seems to be a period of pure and happy time.Furthermore,your beautiful words evoke my memory about childhood.It is ture that once when we say farewell to our childhood,how we wish we could come back to thoese carefree days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good story! everyone has his or her unique childhood and it will be treasured up forever!everyone has only one chance to experience the geunie and pure stage. thank you for reminding me of my stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Once,there was a mountain,on whice there was a temple,in which lived an old monk..."
    Your article remind me of this classic story.Do you remember it???

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is always some people who have a special meaning to us. DO REMEMBER THE ONE WHO COMPANIED YOU THROUGH THE CHILDHOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, no matter what we have experience in childhood,we all miss it.So,we should treasure the present time whatever it is

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, remember our special experience in childhood. now create the future. i believe we will have a more interesting experience in these ten years in sg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a beautiful flashback!

    ReplyDelete