Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Distinctions: between NUS and XJTU


Having studied in National University of Singapore (NUS) for several times, I as if smelled something different from Xi’an Jiao Tong University (XJTU), my origin Univ.
As each standout owns unique character and mould, a prominent Univ. also owns its character and mould which distinguish the Univ. from others, and it’s can’t be reproduced. So on earth what are the distinctions between NUS and XJTU? It may be less abstract if I make an imagery to elucidate: XJTU is like a kind and honest worker who works diligently and rigorously. NUS is just like a young and enthusiastic girl who could sometimes be shy.
Why did I say so? It’s more intuition than a reasoned analysis. However, I insist the correctness.
Dating back to the first time when I stepped into XJTU’s campus. The old buildings full of green creepers impressed me deeply. Under the shadows of the phoenix trees against sunset, the fascinated me strongly and evoked my memories about childhood. The campus contained many histories stories. Every time I read about them I was touched the students here buried in study and never showed off themselves. I believed that the Univ. shaped their characters.
Compared with XJTU, the first impression that NUS left on me is her energy. The buildings painted vivid color made me energetic. Covered with lush woods and fragrant flowers, the campus is decorated more attractive. Without any walls or doors, it’s free for any people to enter. Discussions among a few students can usually be scenes in passages. Various activities invite students to join in. the logos “Say Yes” on campus buses remind everyone to be confident. The whole campus keeps in perfect order.
The two each have its extraordinary features thus establishing a marvelous reputation in the world. I like both of them. I’ll cherish the days with NUS and treasure up the past with XJTU.

5 comments:

  1. hehe,we experience more things than others in China.Furthermore,we have more difficulties and challenges.We are the best is the reason why we are here.So enjoy the life in NUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have similar feeling with you. Maybe this is a common penomenon between chinese universities and foreign universities. Most of students studying in chinese universities are for their salary. But it is realism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “XJTU is like a kind and honest worker who works diligently and rigorously. NUS is just like a young and enthusiastic girl who could sometimes be shy.”good job.I do not know how to express vivid .You set a example!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss phoenix trees in Xiamen University. The red flowers blooming when I left Xiamen. Since we are all in NUS now, let's focus on our studying first, and we have the choice to pay visit to our origin compus again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old buildings full of green creepers? That must be a beauty in its own right. I would love to see that one day.

    The walls that leaked whenever it rained, the wooden floors that creaked with every step taken, the brick wall corridors that witnessed the emotions of students who'd walked along them for over a hundred years... Your entry has evoked my longing for USyd.

    ReplyDelete