Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Xinghai Square


It is the first time that I have written a blog, so I am a little excited and nervous. In the first blog I want to introduce Xinghai Square to the class, because there I had lots of unforgettable memories.
As is known to many people, Dalian is a city famous for its seas and squares. Of all squares the most well-know is Xinghai Square, the largest square in Asia. It was built to commemorate Hong Kong returning motherland in June 6th 1997.
During the summer vacations I with my friends always went to the square to enjoy the fresh air and fair wind. Sometimes we would hold a seaside barbecue which began in the morning and ended in the evening. Sitting around the fire, we talked interesting things, played funny games and ate delicious food. At Xinghai Square we hired bicycles to round the square. There is much beautiful scenery around the square, such as fountains with music, the shell museum, the bridge called “Tiao Yue Bridge” and so on. Of course near the square there are many restaurants which offer various foods. But in my view it is a little expensive.
We would go to the square during the Spring Festival, because during that time there are fireworks shows which can last about half an hour. At that time we made our own new-year vows for a happy new year.
All these scenes are remained fresh in my memory. How I wish I could go home to celebrate this winter vacation with my dear friends, but I must study hard now. They know I miss them very much and I know they are waiting for my returning. I am looking forward the day we get together!

3 comments:

  1. This is your first blog? Oh, maybe it's a little late^^ ,judging from your photographs, Dalian is indeed a quite beautiful city and have something similar with my hometown-DuJiangyan in SiChuan province. I hope one day you can guide me for a travel there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wanderful place!! i ever wish i could be there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose no one says it better than French philosopher Simone Weil: "For when two beings who are not friends are near each other there is no meeting and when friends are far apart there is no separation."

    Take heart, Huang Lu, for when you've accomplished what you set out to do here in Singapore, you'll be home with your family and friends. =)

    ReplyDelete