Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cycling in Ubin

Yesterday our senior took to Pular Ubin, the third largest island in Singapore. When we arrival there by a boat, it was already 2pm, and strong sunshine made it very hot. But our excitement did not decrease by the high temperature. After having a quick lunch, we started cycling. I had not riding a bike for about half year. I felt so excited, because I love cycling, but the choppy terrain of Singapore made tit impossible for me to keep a bicycle for myself. Cycling in Ubin was the best journey I have had since I came to Singapore. Each of ours rode a bicycle ourselves, exploring Ubin. Many beautiful scenes came to us. Clear air, blue sky sprinkled by white clouds, limpid sea, forest and quarries in Ubin made it a magic zone. Cycling from the high slope to feel the speed increasing was the most exciting moment. Happy time always seemed to pass faster, sun was setting, and we had to go back. Though we were all exhausted, we were satisfied. Joyous expression on our face implied we had a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Seems that you had a good time yesterday~I have never been to Ubin and I am looking forward to pay a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is wonderful!!! Great scenes, bluish sea and gentle wind made me feel back to Amoy. But the most important thing is bicycle!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day you have! After we came to Singapore, I haven't ridden a bike. How I miss my bike. " Happy time always seemed to pass faster." Maybe next time you can go there again.

    ReplyDelete