"Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you are going to get." I never thought I would have a chance to study in Singapore when I entered university, but now I am here. I thought my English is good, but only to find there is so much to learn. After two weeks' confusion, I decided to put my heart into learning English, which is considered as the most important task by now. It is a hard decision for me, since I always think I'm too old to study that hard.(It may sounds funny, but it is true.)
However, I managed it this week. Instead of using an electronic dictionary, I look up new words in a dictionary, and take down every meaning of each word. It surely costs me a lot of time,but I think it's worth it. Usually, I stay up till midnight.
When I compare my state with how I was in Senior Middle three, I only see a young boy with no will, who thought he himself was old in mind. What a stupid boy! I often laugh when I think about this. Now that I still can struggle, it means I am young!
Youth is not a time of life, it is a state of mind.We grow old by deserting our ideas......
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
let's enjoy ourselves..not only study, but also life.
ReplyDeleteWe can choose to become a happy learner.we learn not only how to study but also how to live a meanful life.
ReplyDeleteI must say i was touched deeply while i was reading your blog,and it recalled many memories of mine.I find we are like in many ways,for example,we all used to suspect ourselves but we were all strong enough to change our mind quickly.In fact,i think you are really diligent ,and i hope you can take care your body when you study hard.By the way, i think students of HIT are excellent!!!
ReplyDeleteyouth is our wealth and fortune ,we need to cherish it and do as much as we can just when we think we are still young
ReplyDeleteIt must be hard to check every word in a dictionary. I admire you for your conrage and resolution. May you gain more from this.
ReplyDeleteyeah,checking so many words in a dictionary till midnight is hard to believe.hehe,the old people can not do this.
ReplyDeletesenior high is a time when we are so devoted and hardworking.we fight for it.the painstaking efforts have paid off and that's why we are able to come here.now the opportunity for us to fight comes agian,i hope we can seize it.
ReplyDeleteenjoy your life,that's good.
ReplyDelete