Everything Precious
I exactly remembered the class last Tuesday. Mr. Jega allowed us to complain anything we feel unsatisfied. Without much surprise, some of us, including me, pointed to Eton Hall. I did not think that we meant too much serious things. Anyhow we were kidding then. Calm down and think it over. Although the living conditions here cannot meet our needs, we should not draw a final and simple conclusion that Eton Hall is bad.
Really, sometimes aunties are not so friendly to us. Usually the food here has terrible tastes. Too much we are charged for… But, I find that the life after we leave Eton Hall is not necessarily better than that now. Two months left, we will live in single rooms soon. Will you feel happy living alone? Will you miss the period when several roommates chatted happily before sleeping? Soon we will enter NUS for our heavy study. At that time, will you miss the time when you could enjoy your favorites and need not care too much about marks? Time escaping, immediately, we will attend big lecture with hundreds of students whose faces are strange to you. Will you miss the room of 20 lovely guys and kind tutors? Absolutely you will.
Why not cherish it? “Cherish” means treating the goodliness seriously. But we sometimes do not cherish something. Few days ago Mr. Jega said to all of us clearly: “I am sick of you”. I could feel his extreme anger. We are offered scholars, treated carefully, enjoying the ample resources in NUS, however, we didn’t perform as scholars. We have occupied many positions in NUS so that many local students cannot enter NUS. Some people complain about our performances. Shouldn’t we begin to wake up?
Precious is everything. Maybe we had better step down and make a self-examination: am I wasting or losing something? What is it? Then hurry up to improve it. Don’t put it off too late or you would repent.
Life is everything. The shining sun, twinkle stars, gentle moon, romance, study, work, challenge… To keep it balance, we should add more study, work and challenges. Like rainbow, more colorful, it looks more beautiful, right?
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Frankly speaking, every time I read your blog, my soul seems to be baptized thoroughly. You can always find the beauty of the life and the world, and you are always modest and grateful. I strongly agree with you that everything in our life is deserved being treasured and those you used to complain a lot about become extremely precious when you look back. However, nothing can be changed when you review them, so we should appreciate them from now on. Since I was young, one proverb has been heard over and over again, which is “Girls should be raised up to be finicky”. However, my parents ignore this proverb and treat me like a boy. My mother often tells me “Don’t complain about your life and you have to be grateful and strong enough so that you can enjoy your life and improve it day by day”. That is the reason that I seldom complain about the living condition in Eton Hall. I think we are already quite lucky to live and have a free education here. Complaint can only make us unhappy and couldn’t help anything. So, I’d like to join you and treasure my life and try to make it better through my hard work^_^
ReplyDelete