I had never thought the presentation on non-verbal communication performed this Monday morning would be so interesting, although I had to admit my performance was quite screwed. It was evident that many of us did a lot of preparations for this presentation despite of the time limit; otherwise there would not be such an enlightening presentation.
This activity surely broadened my horizon and improved my understanding of different cultures. To name a few, if it were not Yaxian, I wouldn’t know how French people count numbers by the fingers, which is a whole difference from that of China. If it were not Zhao Yang, I would not know that throwing up one’s arms in France means just so-so. If it were not Zhenyang, I wouldn’t learn that if you meet a pretty girl in France, you should kiss your index finger to show affection.
Not only did I learn from the impressive presentation, but also through the process of preparations. To prepare for this presentation, our group searched dozens of pages information on the internet. Although sometimes I felt overwhelmed among too much information, after a period of soaking in them, I have more understanding in those cultures. I have to say, this is a not-so-bad way for learning.
It seems that one thing is not good: we always go beyond the time limit, which has resulted in one group having no time presenting. Hope they surprise us next week.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yes the presentation is really good!and we can learn many things from the activities so does your article!
ReplyDeleteI do share the same feeling with you that the presentation was quite a success! I am always looking forward to our classes presentation, because we can gain more knowlegement and broad our horizon.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your praise~ I think all of us have done a good job except that it is a pity there was not enough time for Kangjia's group. This is a way to learn things visually and have more fun.
ReplyDeleteYes, we have done a great job....
ReplyDeleteexcellent! i think these kinds of oral presentations and oral reports helps me a lot in speaking and I also become more confident.
ReplyDelete*U* thank you.. but we really did a hard work.. your PPT is so beatiful that attracts us to focus on your presentation.
ReplyDeleteI think all the presentation are also very good, although almost all of us have went beyond the time. Next time we can try our best to make ourselves more prefect. Hope everybody can enjoy the presentation.
ReplyDelete