Saturday, April 3, 2010

Religion,we need!

In today’s world, 86.9% are people who have their own religion belief. Various kinds of religions such as Christianity, Buddhism, Islamism and other tribal religions are believed by different people. However, one thing is in common that we need religions and we can really get a lot from them. Thanks to religion, people have one more thing---super nature---to turn to when they are in trouble, and at least they can get some spiritual comforts to fight against their despair. Moreover, religions also serve as moral principles in many societies and contribute a lot to the peace of the world.

Religion is a kind of medicine curing of the sorrow in people’s heart. When things, which cannot or hard to be solved by human beings, happen, people badly need something which can bring them light in deep dark. That is why religion comes into being and super nature is believed by human beings. Many examples about super nature’s divine power are heard for many times. For instance, some people who get incurable disease recover their health due to sincerely praying. In my opinion, it is not super nature but themselves who save them. However, their religions surely contribute a lot to their recovery. They get much comfort and confidence from their beliefs to keep positive and brave enough to fight against serious illnesses.

In addition, religions are regarded as moral codes in many societies. Most of the religions initiate kind behaviors and convince people that only philanthropic act can lead to a good life in transmigration or heaven. When people want to do something bad, they will consider not only punishments from the law but also punishments from the super nature. In some traditional culture, the latter is even more deterrent. As a result, despite the law, religion also limits people’s behaviors successfully.

In conclusion, religion is important in releasing people’s sadness and guiding people’s behaviors. Born in a free-thinking country, I think maybe we should be more tolerate and respectful to religions and I hope one day we can have our own religion.

2 comments:

  1. when i encounter setbacks i trust myself and handle the problems actively, not depending on religion. i think maybe it is the "lao tian ye" 's way to let me help myself instead of doing nothing to pray for help. if, anyone regrets doing somethings bad, why not do something nice to make up for it. most them just pray for forgiveness, which i could not understand.
    ~~~kind of a serious topic. may you happy everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I in senior school, everytime I felt disappointed or desperate, I hope I had a god to comfort me,but I cannot find my god. Later, I realise that that who can help is not a spiritual leader, but our belief.Maybe I can not find my deity, but my belief, my principle can lead me to go on my road.
    Love myself, love the world.

    ReplyDelete