As the deadline line of confirming our major is coming nearer and nearer, a kind of uneasiness started to emerge in my mind. I get to think more about my career and potential experience in the future. What kind of career is my favorite? What kind of career is most valuable to me? One day I happened to read the speech given by Steve Jobs at the commencement of Stanford University. It helps me out.
In the speech he shares three touching stories all of which are his life experience. The first one left a deep impression on me, like he said, it is about connecting the dots. When we try to look forward, we never know whether the things we are doing is valuable; however, when we go through all the difficulties and setbacks we will see the connection clearly. What we do now is sure to contribute to our future, although sometimes they seem unrelated.
As for now, I am at the crossroad of majoring in life science and engineering. It seems that if I do not study life science, there will be no chance that I can walk through the jungles or dive into deep sea and explore new creatures. So why not try it before I realize it will be too difficult for a Chinese student and see if I can handle the problem? I asked myself so many times and finally give up the idea of majoring in engineering. Although sometimes I used to doubt it, but now I persuade myself to believe in it, that is the attitude towards career: choose the jobs you like, and try to make money from it. Since I know strongly what I like, there is no reason I will abandon my dream, never.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Job's idea leaves a deep impression on you, and your idea leaves a deep impression on me. The same as you, I have to choose a speciality. It often worries me if I choose engineering or computing, whether I can compete with so many boys. After a long time thinking, I figure out that what we need to do is to follow our interest, and go for it.
ReplyDeleteWish you can find your dream in life science.
I believe there will be another top student in life science after you join the life science. I admire your determination and courage. Wish you enjoy your study...
ReplyDelete7. You are always a determined boy and you know clearly what you like and what you want. What I would like to say is that stick to your dream and never give up, then you will find that all of your efforts are paid off and that your future is promising! As your friend, I will always stand by you^_^
ReplyDeleteFollow your interests and carry on your dream. JUST DO IT.
ReplyDeleteAlmost everynoe is at a crossroad of majors, so am I. I might be more realistic to choose a major considering my potential future life to be easy and not too tired. However, you are more determined to follow your dreams. I appreciate your perseverence and courage. Come on. You will be succeed in the end.
ReplyDelete