Saturday, April 17, 2010

Panel Discussion

This Thursday, we had a panel discussion about ABC school in class, which is to some degree different from the debate. Each one has his own opinion, and after they introduce their opinion to everyone, they will come into a discussion which is much like a debate. However, compared to the debate, the moderator is supposed to control the traffic for the discussion in case participants interrupt each other or they go off the point, making the discussion more effective and smoothly go on.
Our discussion began with Xiaowei. He presented the local business association and his opinion was in total disagreement with the government interference. After a short introduction from him, his opposite side- Tian Hua(the local government) began to ask him questions and introduced his views to others. Though Xiaowei didn’t say much at the beginning, he wasn’t at a loss facing the questions. He was much more confident and got into the discussion soon. Other representatives for each union also presented their opinion expect one- The private academies association. It was so strange that the focus was on how to solve their problems, but they kept silent. Another problem was that the focus was almost completely turned to the local government at last. As a result, we had gone off the point. Even so, I still thought the discussion was wonderful.
Next week, we are going to have a formal debate. Our group’s topic is that the male has more stress than the female and the other topic is that should lovers live together before marriage. Hope it will be as enjoyable as this discussion.

4 comments:

  1. What a special panel discussion we had! May be it is a little noisy, but I do like the way it goes. Next week, we are cooperators,wish we can do a better work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are an excellent evaluator!! i almost forgot the details of the panel discussion, while you recall it as if it happened just now.
    besides, your group did quite a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I sucessful escape from being interrogated. Although I feel quite sorry for the students in Abc, I have to pass the buck to the government. Whatever, it is an interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the panel discussion was really exciting!!! Even though I am just an audience who has no chance to present her opinion, I am involved in it happily by asking representatives questions and argue with them. Some of our classmates are quite good at debating and their opinions and ways to argue for them are excellent!!! As a person who is really bad at debating, I have learnt a lot from them. Hope the debate on Thursday successful~~~~

    ReplyDelete