Saturday, April 17, 2010

Personality contradiction

When I was in the primary school, every time I got the first place of my class in the examination I couldn’t help jumping and laughing loudly with joy. However, about one decade later, as a young lady at the age of 18, I won’t express my happiness as straightly as before any more even when I got the first place of the whole school. Each time I want to behave like a child, I will warn myself to be calm and modest. There are many such kinds of situations when we try out best to act in a totally different way from our natural instincts in order to become more popular and mature. My friends, apart from the joyous occasion, when you come across a disaster or when you have to get on with a person you do not like, do you behave in a way you want or you go against your heart and act in another way?

An experiment shows that modern people are losing three born abilities, one of which is the ability to cry. Crying is considered the suggestion of fragility and incompetent in nowadays and is avoided by adults especially males. When they encounter a disaster, people choose to put on a calm smile or to keep silent to show their bravery. When they come across a person they dislike, instead of glancing at him with disgust, they pretend to be extremely surprise and happy at seeing him and exchange of conventional greetings enthusiastically. In their mind, they are not children anymore, they have to care about others’ feelings and behave in an educated way.

However, such personality contractions are opposed strongly by many people. They call on the masses to be frank and sincere and against “people with masks”. But what makes us upset is that even these initiators who are extremely critical about such hypocritical behaviors cannot totally avoid them.

What should we do? In my opinion, it is good for us to act in a more mature and reasonable way. However, such good personalities cannot be pretended. They request us to have a positive attitude towards life. Thus, we need to learn to be optimistic and thoughtful. I hope one day, we can behave in an elegant, mature way naturally.

2 comments:

  1. remember those japanese in the propram who don't know how to smile? what a pity!
    i strongly agree with you on that most people have lost their initial good features, particularly being innocent. it seems that there are too many things to consider and so many people to get along with. therefore, we lost our nature before we realised it. that is a tragedy. but, i try to find my nature and be a child forever. have you seen the movie called The Polar Express? i hope all of us can hear the bell sound until we die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To some extent, I agree with your opinion. However, when we connect to the society, we can not avoid being mature and operate our daily life like the majority. Maybe, what we can do is to put the innermost space aside and store our colourful feelings in it...

    ReplyDelete