Monday, April 5, 2010

My Attitude on Religion

As we all know, most of people from China are free thinkers, but no one can deny that we cannot avoid the influence of the religion in China. This time let me to show my attitude on religion.

At the beginning, let me share a story first. One day after coming to Singapore, I went to Queensway to buy a flashcard and fortunately gained the attention of a preacher. He did missionary work on me and told me so many things about Christianity which I show no interest in. but I could not bear to interrupt him and just listened with a smile. However he talked for almost three hours, which made really crazy. Afterword, I shared the experience with my roommates and suffered the ridicule as I expected. But I think if the same thing happens again I will do the same thing. I believe the people who put other things more important than themselves should gain others’ respect. When he talked to me, he could gain nothing except tiredness but he enjoyed it because he believed what he said was sacred and helpful to me and he was helping me.

Let us go back to the point. In my opinion, when individual some unfortunate and inexplicable things, they need some explanation to reduce his uncertain and anxiety. Then religion arose. It gives people answers to things they cannot understand and make people accept things happen to them easily. Then their perspective and perception of the world would change gradually. For some religionist, the religion even works as a spiritual crutch. Everything exits has the reason. Although some of the religions are difficult for us to understand, let’s show our respect to them.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we should be open-minded to accept something new and different with us. Religion is one of the things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our mind should not be narrow. Just as you say, lwe should accept them and show our respect to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as a free-thinker, we should respect to people who believe in some religion. Insisting on your opinion, respecting to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is very necessary for the world to have a group of people who are freethinker. This world needs every kind of people..

    ReplyDelete