Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fishing!


Fishing
In ancient Chinese philosophy, fishing is regarded as an elegant activity combined with spiritual communication with nature and personal refinement. I love fishing and really enjoy it all the time. Through fishing, I can experience some marvelous feelings.
Last time I went fishing was in last Nov. with my dad. We prepared the tackles first. We had tensible rods and several kinds of bait. We cycled to countryside where we usually went for. The pool was large. Without any wind, the surface stayed calm as a mirror. High mountains stood around. Because of the cold weather, trees lost green and animals fell asleep. Thick clouds covered the sun and the whole surroundings seemed quiet.
We took out the tackles and put bait onto the hooks. My dad gave me a chance to throw the hooks. I held my breath and took the hooks in my left hand. I counted “one, two, and three” in my mind 1and tried my best to wave my right hand. The hooks flew out and jumped into water. “Yeah” I succeeded! Next step was simple and hard. I just needed to wait the fish come. However, it was quite unpleasant to stay waiting. The more patience a fisherman has the more harvests one obtained. I struggled to focus on the lake surface.
As soon as I felt sleepy, the bobber shook slightly. I excited myself immediately. I grasped the rod hardly. My dad once instructed me that don’t pull up the hook until fish got stuck by the hoods. I calmed down and waited the sharp time. To my surprise, it didn’t shake any more. “Damn it!” I felt discouraged. “Be patient! It’ll come soon.” My dad told me. So I kept waiting and watching.
Several minutes later, it shook again and became more and more strong. “Pull up! Pull up!” I ordered myself. A fish jumped out. “Oh-yeah!” I cheered. Although the size was not that satisfying, I felt rather happy anyway.
We had fished for three hours and the result was not bad. We had enjoyed the beautiful scene and the delight of fishing. The experience should be memorized forever.

3 comments:

  1. I always feel very happy and excited whenever i read your blog. I really like people who can find the beauty of life and i am glad to learn you are the person of this kind.Nowadays,many studants are too busy with homework or relationships and seldom of them have time to relax themselves in nature.However, beauty of nature is important for humanbeings,which can not only make our real world colorful but also improve our spirit world.
    I'd like to share the beauty of nature or life with you^_^~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for fish is really a boring job. Although I think I am a patient girl, I still cannot stand it when I go fishing with my father. In this aspect, I admire you indeed. Hope you have more experience to share with us.o(∩_∩)o ~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankly, I have failed to the sport for many times. It is a hard job for me, I can not manage it.

    ReplyDelete