Saturday, February 20, 2010

Giving or Given

Giving or given
Today, we joined an activity to collect money for the disabled people. In china, I haven’t done it before. Except the activity itself, I thought many…

Many people including Chinese said Chinese people only want to get something from society, without rewarding the society. Most of us usually thought that requiring more is reasonable, but didn’t think why others should give more. For example, we are scholars; some think that we will work for Singapore for six years which is enough to reward the Singapore. Maybe it’s right. But when we enjoy the host family program, some activities from churches and so on, we should really think that why they treat us nice and why we don’t treat them nice.

In the flag day, a Muslim girl gave me some coins actively with smile. After about an hour, she came across me, finishing buying books. I remember she had already given me coins, so I didn’t ask her. To my surprise, she came to me, smiling again. And gave me coins…

1 comment:

  1. Er,I find I can hardly agree with your opinion on Chinese people.I think Chinese also know how to be a grateful person.Do you remember the Wenchuan Earthquake?What our Chinese do is the best reflection of our kind heart.
    I believe that everyone in the world,no matter what countries they are in,no matter what races they are,no matter what languages they are speaking,are all have beautiful minds!

    ReplyDelete