Time flies. It has been four years since Yu Xiao left me.
Yu Xiao used to be my best friend when we were in junior high school. She was endowed with both beauty and talent. I never forget that we participated in the campus singer competition together and won glory for our class. And the holiday when we took part in the social practice is still fresh in my memory. She was one of the top students in our class, furthermore, she was our dutiful monitor. In the eyes of our classmates, she was a completely perfect girl.
I still remember the day that she told us she was planning to quit school and go to Tianjin to receive treatment. We did not know what happened and just hoped that she would come back soon. But what our teacher told us shocked us——Yu Xiao had suffered from leukemia. After our teacher announced it, all of my classmates burst into tears including boys. In the next days, we collected donations for her to afford the high payment of medical expenses, wrote letters to courage her and sent presents to make her feel that we were just there to accompany her.
Of course, Yu Xiao was an optimistic girl with strong mind. During the days she was in hospital, she persisted in the study. The only requirement she asked us for help is that she wanted us to send her the handouts and exercise papers we used in class. She always told us she felt better in order not to make us worry about her. After all, we were in Grade Three and we were under much pressure because of the entrance examination. Meanwhile, we promised to take the senior high school entrance examination together and entered the best senior high school in our province.
Unfortunately, Yu Xiao never came back, but the precious memory between us will never fade away. A few days ago, I dreamt of her. I cannot remember what I have dreamt of, maybe she wants me to be strong as I am alone abroad now. Anyway, thank you and I miss you!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In our lives, there are always some people appearing and disappearing in a short time, but we will never forget them. Wish your friend happy in heaven, wish you happy in Singapore.
ReplyDeletewe often lose someone on our way.no matter how long we will be apart from each other ,for the moment or forever ,we miss each other much .wish you and your friend happy everyday in your own world.
ReplyDeleteno mater how hard we do,there is also something we can not change!wish you a happy day
ReplyDeleteIf life can rebegin once more time, I should say it may be another result. It is not sure about whether the universe has many paths or not. Maybe there is another space where there are another you ,me or her. I believe it.
ReplyDeletewhat a sad story…………
ReplyDeletewhat is the situation of her now? are you still in touch with her?
i feel glad that you have a good friend, but i am sorry to know that she caught the disease.
hope she could recover.