Sunday, February 7, 2010

To be the emcee of the Spring Festival Ceremony in NUS

It was a wonderful time in retrospect the last week, being busy preparing for the Sping Festival Ceremony in NUS. While everyone was sitting behind the stage, I was lucky to be one of the emcees. In many people’s eyes, I am a girl who is outgoing and confident. I also contributed myself to the activity I joined in, even it always call for more motivation and contribution. Take off the enviable ring of light on the emcee’s head, you can see how much did they sacrificed.

Writing the chair words is the first obstacle on the way. Actually, I was invited to be the emcee on 30 Jan 2010, a week before the ceremony. There was not too much time for us to prepare.. Unfortunately, all of the emcees are not satisfied with the chair words they provided so we decided to rewrite it. It cost a lot of time so I had to go back to Eton Hall extremely late in these days. I was so frightened the first day I came back late. We are asked to come back until 8 o’clock, I still remember it was 9 past 40 when I arrived at the gate of Eton Hall. Before came back, one of the seniors had called the aunty to explain the reason I came back late, but aunty was so angry when spoken on the phone. So I got nervous when came into the aunty’s office, luckily, aunty did not blame me.

I need to balance the activity and study. It is no doubt that join some activities can cost a lot of time. In this week I almost had no free time. I have to finish my homework in time, so I need to arrange my time efficiently. I am so regratful that I did not do well on this. I found it difficult to predict what will happen and how can you separate time properly. Things change much more quickly than your plan. Because of my poor ability to arrange time, I always felt I was facing a lot of work, which lead to be low efficient. I stayed up late everyday that almost draw me crazy in the daytime.T.T


It served me a good chance to know more about Singapore. There were 4 emcees, one is the girl who was on the SM1 scholarship and had came to Singapore for over 6 years, the other two boys are winning the SM3 scholarship, one has been to Singapore for one year, another one has been there for 2 years. For me, a girl who came to Singaore just a mounth ago, there are too many unfamiliars to me. Although I had ever hosted several parties and ceremonies in China, I found it is in a different way in Singapore. The culture is different, the chair words and style of hosting should be very different.


No pains, no gains. In these days, I devoted time, energy and motivation, I gained experience vise versa. After these busy days, I had a deeper recognize on myself. There are so many things I need to learn, there is a long way waiting for me. Happy new year, looking forward to the coming days, looking forward to a whole new self.

7 comments:

  1. it's a wonderful party that night. you were a good emcee because of your good voice, and thought you did not join in, our drama is great! congratulate on your excellent emcee! congradulate on our good drama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a outstanding and easy-going girl. I am sure you will adjust to the life in Singapore easily.All days along, you have done a good job.
    Come on, you will realize your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you were the best emcee that night.I can still remember your voice and the moment that the audience kept sending short messages to the emcee next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful presiding indeed!!!
    you were the most natural and sincere one that night!
    there are always difficulties behind success, I'm happy that you "survived" haha~~
    by the way, you really wrote a good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we enjoyed that night very much and it was extremly wonderful . You did a nice job ,too…

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to tell that i have not seen your geformance,but see your behave in daily life, I know your ability! A good prospect are waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ms Yasmeen,

    I'm currently looking for an emcee for my company D&D event. I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with you personal email address.

    Drop me an email at starlene_talitha@hotmail.com if you're interested.

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete