We all dream about our lives, live our lives, and talk about our lives. But what is life? what does life look like on earth?
Ostorovsty once said: "Man's dearest possession is life, and it is given to him to live but once. He must live so as to feel no torturing regrets for years without purpose, never know the burning shame of a mean and petty past." As we can see, life is so precious that it is trully necessary for us to draw our own life curves and kown more about our own lives, so as to become the master of our lives.
My classmate said that the life cure might be a ray, a sinusoid or a circle. As far as I am concerned, however, My life curve may be a complex of these three curves.
When I was young, life to me was just like a ray, starting from one point when I was born and hoping to extend to infinity. Newly-born children are always mysterious, with nobody knowing which aspects they are talented in or which fields they will succeed in. How is it similar to the nature of the uncertainty of the direction a ray extends! Young children are the most talented, who give out rays of glamorous light, and they are also the most unruly ones to the world, just like needles. All these nature leaves my life of childhood as a ray in my whole life curve.
But the ray did not extend very long. When I gradually grew up, being independent and stepping in the society, I came into a new stage of my life. Life in this stage is like a sinusoid. There being numerous summits and valleys,the sinusoid asembles the successes and failures, achievements and obstacles I came across. Between these summits and valleys, there are endless uphill and down paths, full of my paces of trudging. So my process of struggle when I grew up is the moving along the up and downs of the sinusoid.
The last part of my life curve is a circle when I grow old. Maybe around my 60s when I sit down the tree looking back of my whole life, I will give a deep sigh:"after experiencing so many years' of up and downs,life now is only a circle, begining nowhere and end with nothing. All I achieved during my life is the poor small round part, compared to the boundless unknown areas outside." No matter how hard may I try to lengthen the radius, it is so limited anyway. Again I may be lost in what life really means. As wa can see, newly-born children and dying elders have a lot in common, the trully love of nature and the pure pursuit of enjoying life. This, on the other hand, proves my last part of the life curve-a circle.
Now clearly I have drown my whole life curve. Looking at my masterpiece, I think that once I possess the ambition to be a ray, the courage to overcome the up and downs in the sinusoid and the calm of looking back the ciecle, I will find out what life really is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am agree with you ,life is like a cure .It has both upsurge and nadir.We should never be upset when faced with some troubles.
ReplyDeleteWhat a profound observation! Being an individual, everybody has his or her own life curve, and your article makes me think of mine. What I want is to draw a simple but unique life curve! I believe everyone can complete his or her most beautiful life curve.
ReplyDeleteIn different periods, my life likes different curves. No matter what curve my life likes, I still can find hope to courage myself. I like this kind of analogy.o(∩_∩)o~~
ReplyDelete"I dont know if we each have a destiny ,or if we're all just floating around accidentally like on a breeze ,but I think may be it's both."
ReplyDelete