Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Spring Festival in Singapore

It was the first Spring Festival which I celebrated without my family. It really made an indelible memory for me because this festival gave me more sadness than happiness.
As the saying goes“On festive occasions more than ever one thinks of one's dear ones far away.” Although the fellow students celebrated the festival with us, it was impossible for me not to miss my families. Especially at that time when I stood outside to give them a call, seeing the moon. How I wish I could be scrambling to eat dumplings with my brothers and watch the Spring Festival Gala with my families at that evening. At that time I have realized I have already left home for two months, and I will not celebrate the Spring Festival with them for at least five years. What a sorrowful thing!
And the festival air in Singapore is not as lively as that in China. I think it is the cultural differences that make the festival air different. As is known to us, there are four races in Singapore, and only the Chinese celebrate the Spring Festival. So only in Chinatown can we sense festival atmosphere. But in China, no matter where you go, you can always find a scene of great joy. And in China, especially in Dalian, we will set off firecrackers and see the beautiful fireworks display. Because of lacking of festival atmosphere and some people, I was a little sad in this Spring Festival.
Although I was a little sad, the fellow students did a lot of preparation for the festival for us. They even let us taste some dumplings, which moved us very much. I was so grateful to their work. And I wish I could have a happy new year next year!

4 comments:

  1. The fresh experience of Spring Festival here will exsit in my memory forever. Together with my roomates and seniors, we had a meaningful and warm party.Furthermore we will in turn to treat our juniors next Spring Festival, which will be more expectable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all had the same experience with you. It is really special to celebrate the Spring Festival in another country. Anyway, keep this precious experience in heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike, i also feel the same as you. However, we have jno choice but to accept it,maybe we should and i believe that we can find the happy things in this different country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the unique spring festival will be the one that we will never forget in our life. It witnessed our progress.

    ReplyDelete