In the past every New Year’s Eve, I always lost in meditation after the passion and drama for the New Year. What did I get and is there any difference in me. However, this year is so peculiar.
It is my first New Year’s Eve oversea and even outside. So, I make a call back to home. After paying a New Year call to my parents, I called to my uncle. Then I heard the excited and innocent voice of my sister. We happily talked about the daily life and the interesting experience as if the entire world was filled with peace and harmony. However, she suddenly told me that our grandfather fell into disease and could not speak and move. After a period of silence, I sensed the truth that my grandfather got sick soon after my leave. That is why my parent once asked me whether I could return home. Receiving a negative answer, they decided to conceal the truth to make sure I could live a cozy life. Because of the inevitable naivety of my little sister, she told the entire thing to me without hesitation. Then I told her that do not let anyone know that she had told me the bad news and ring off the call. Then I begin to thinking.
From a young age, I enjoyed talking with my grandfather. We of talked the whole morning and I leaved with smile on the face. However as I grow up, he goes near the end of the life. And I could not company with him. He must be very sad. Then I came back to my life whether I was happy or not. Studying far from the home, I could not know what happened to my family and enjoyed a freewheeling life to some extent. But I did not live happily. I always felt that my life lack something. Maybe I have a talent in disguise and nobody found my somber mood with the shelter of my smiling face.
After a night thinking, I think I get the answer. After half a year’s living with little pressure, I gradually lost the spirit, the interest, the confident and the temperament. I begin to shrink back when face something unanticipated. Happiness comes from the sense of fulfillment. Maybe I know what I should do now.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
let sadness become your power in study. we are friends. we will all be with you.
ReplyDelete