Sunday, February 21, 2010

an unforgettable donation


Last Saturday was an unforgettable day, because we had a donation for the disabled people. We had a tin to invite people to donate money in the orchard road. At first I feel it liked the beggar, so that I felt a little stressed and a little ashamed. “Please help the disabled people.” I asked. But to my excitement, there are lots of people open their bag and put the coins into the bin. Especially, some of them even donate money on their own without my saying. Some of them donated and, when I gave them a stick to show their donation, they showed that they had had two or three sticks. It meant that they had donated more than once. Sometimes when I met some people feeling strange about what I am saying, it seemed that they were from China. After I had given them explain in Chinese, they also put their money in the tin. Only in one and a half hours, the money my group had raised was almost full of the tin. It is a useful and meaningful activity, because it gave me a chance to improve my communicating activity and, more important thing is that our donation could help the disabled people. I wish they could be better and have the courage to face and overcome the problems.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, we were in the same group so I felt the same way as you. We had a sense of fulfillment that day because we have contributed to the disabled. I like this kind of activities as it is meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me, can you donate for the disabled people? With confidence and courage, we maintain our state of asking for donatinf money for five hours, incredible!

    ReplyDelete