Thursday, March 4, 2010

Countdown: 100 Days away from the Final Examination

Countdown: 100 Days away from the Final Examination
Several days ago, my roommate shouted to us: “It is 100 days away from the College Entrance Examinations (CEE)!” Our emotions were motivated immediately. All of us lost into the precious memories. Our talking transferred to the very topic.
I didn’t know whether it was fortunate or not that I had experienced countdown twice. Both impressed me quite deeply. Every year t the end of February, that is to say the date which is 100 days far away from the June 6th, all senior 3 students and teachers will host a ceremonious meeting to mobilize all these people. In our school the meeting was well prepared. Each class must come up with the slogans and examination plans. We somewhat hated the meeting because it occupied our rest time at noon. Some of us fell asleep during t he meeting. But most of us would listen carefully because of its significance.
At first all stood up and sang the national anthem. Then the hosts read some inspiring sentences in a loud voice to awaken students. The headmaster attended the meeting and told us the importance of CEE again and again. It was the very time sleepy students slept. We paid him fierce applause. Next speaker was the chief director of senior 3. He listed numerous statistics to show how dangerous it was if we wouldn’t make reasonable use of the 100 days. What’s more, he didn’t forget to encourage those students who did badly in previous tests. Anyhow, the useful information was far less than useful part.
When it came to the next step, the spokesmen nominated by each class addressed to audiences to show their ambitions and dreams. The air became lively then. When a spokesman went to the stage, the other classmates shouted their slogan loudly and excitedly. It was a competition of confidence among the classes.
After the addresses, the meeting reached to the top. At the moment, all were asked to stand up again. “Please rise up your right fists!” the host declared, “follow my words…” We took an oath to be diligent and brave to fight with difficulties for the final victories. At that time, I felt pride and hopeful, although it was the toughest period I had ever gone through. The beacon of hope was flashing there, lighting the way for me.
I’ve nearly forgotten those days full of exercises and tests in senior3 and senior4. But the memory of the countdown meeting kept clear in my mind. It has been more than one year. I really desired to go back to that place, that day, with my classmates and do it again…

4 comments:

  1. Your blog reminds me of the day that our high school held the "One Hundred Days Countdown Ceremony" last year. Last week, the issue that threr is only one hundred days to the College Entrance Examination suddenly came to my mind. Perhaps, every student who had experience it may feel the same way. I really cherish those days in Senior Three, though it was a tough time. Meanwhile, I also feel lucky that I have waltzed through the important examination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, great minds thinks alike. I also cherish the memory of that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember my 100-day-vowing which was really inspiring. No other classes dared to challenge my class..

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you did not remind,I had forgotten this special day.What a tough time it was!But it is also worth us remembering for our whole life.

    ReplyDelete