Monday, March 8, 2010

My Opinion on Sex Role

The sex role has been discussed for a very long time. I just want to show what I what to say.

Everyone is born equal and free in the dignity. So every can decide what kind of people you what to do. However boys and girls are treated differently since a very young age, which make them develop to different directions. They may think differently and see the same thing in different lights. As a result, they may form very different characters. As we all know the girls tend to be more patient and careful, and the boys tend to be rational and far-sight.

Since they have the difference, they should have a different role to play to develop their ability or potential to the fullest. I think it is unfair and not rational to put men and women in the same position which is bad for their development. However, there are special examples. I have a friend who is more endure and careful than all the girls in my class. So I want to say that we should care less about the person’s sex. It is the quality and character that we should pay mora attention to.

Just do what you want with less care about your sex. Everything is changeable.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you that everyone can be what kind of person he or she wants to be no matter of the gender role, because men can be petient and careful that may be considered as sisi. However ,we should change our attitude toward it and try to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, in my opinion, men and women should play different role in the world. men should protect women because they are strong. women should also help men because they are more patient and careful... it does not mean that which ones are better, just different role.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes, gender equality is very idealism. many things cause this. even a woman will think that woman relying on man is reasonable and man relying on woman is unacceptable..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gender is not the only thing in which we judge the person. Different persons have different qualities. We are supposed to treat them according to their unique qualities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why girls should be more patient?And why boys can be far-sight?In my view, these are all stereotypes.Everyone is different.So I do not think that we can put boys and girls in to two different ositions.Every should have their unique positions.

    ReplyDelete