The movie named “Philadelphia” which tells a story about a lawyer with AIDS and homosexual fighting for his human rights. At the story begins, Beckett was a famous lawyer who was very promising and hard working homosexual. Unfortunately, he got AIDS. For his excellent work, he was promoted and got a big case, but his health became worse. After being reported for suffering AIDS, Beckett was fired for his mistake about losing a important document. Beckett sued his company for discrimination and asked a lawyer John for help. At first, john disagreed. But gradually, john understood the homosexual and tried his best to help Beckett. During the judgment, Beckett was very weak, but he persisted to stay in court. After a long fighting, Beckett won the case and respect. Finally, Beckett lied in the bed and thanked for all his family and friends. Soon, he died without pities.
When I was in primary school, I was afraid of homosexual. But after I got to high school, I changed my mind. One of my friends is a homosexual. At first, I was surprised and tried to changed him. Unfortunately, I failed. Gradually, I accepted this matter. There is an old saying: Existence is reasonable. This way is his choice, so if he is happy, then I don't need to worry about him.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The movie is so wonderful that I enjoy it very much. I learn a lot about human rights from the movie. I think I will introduce it to my other friends.
ReplyDeleteHomosexual is a sensitive topic in daily life, but it is gradually accepted. Everyone has the right to choose how they live. It is a matter of freedom. Even though someone still cannot understand homosexual, we should show equal respect to them.
ReplyDeleteWow,i am so surprise to hear that one of your friends is a homosexual!In my mind, i always think that such things are rather far from us. After seeing some movies about homosexuals,sometimes i think i am able to understand them. However, when i come back to the reality, i doubt if i can really accept them. Maybe many people are the same like me. So we still have a long way to go before totally understanding homosexuals.
ReplyDelete