Tuesday, March 2, 2010

memory of our generation

Sometimes, I will realize that I am not a young girl anymore. I know nothing about the hottest pop music; I know nothing about the newest best-sell books; I also know nothing about the latest actors. My life seems a little out of date comparing with these younger generations. But I do not mind. Every generation has their own taste and reference, and I feel comfortable with my generation’s lifestyle.
One day in last week, during the break time, we had a chat about the cartoon we had seen at the young age. Hair brothers, blackcat sergeant, moon street, all these familiar names brought me to the time when I was a little girl. After class, I always run back home, moved a small stool in front of the television and waited for my favorite cartoons. I had repeated it day after day but never get rid of it. At this time, I could jump into the air happily or burst into tears for a small and silly plot! I could give up a big meal in order to watch my favorite cartoon. What funny actions I had done for these days! What a pure and happy time I had had in my childhood!
But nowadays children are different. They no longer know the Hair Brothers because they have the Japanese cartoon. They are no longer crazy about Stefanie Sun or David Tao because they are a little old for them. Time is moving on, fads come and go. The only thing which does not change is ourselves. With the memory of our generation, we keep on seeking our way to growing without hesitation.
When feeling tired, we can stop to have a rest, and ask our friends or even ourselves, “Do you still remember the song we listened when we were young?”

6 comments:

  1. Everyone is going to grow up as the time pass by. TO some extent, we are just part of the time. However, we can surely head for our way to get older fortunately, which is the best gift for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a girl! i desire to re-watch the cartoons i have ever watched. but we lost our simple-hearted time. it couldn't appear any more. i scare to watch them because our present situations are much worse than those when we were young. however, we can indeed find some relives from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have grow up, and we will be mature.Our life, should has different style, and the past was nice, but the future will be nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I occasionally hear the song or see the cartoon that I have wathed it when I was a kid, I always sigh with feeling. How fast the time goes by! Sometimes I think I am still a girl, but the fact tells me that I am an adult now. I should face the challenge in life by myself and do something, but not wait for my parents to plan everything for me. Perhaps, nobody wants to grow up, but we have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey, i like your essay very much which brings up my old memory. As you said, we are not the kids who are crazy about robort cat any more and we are becoming more and more mature and stay further and further away from our childhood. But no matter how old we are, we should keep these precious memories carefully. After all, they are footprints of our life and they can bring us a lot of happiness when we think about them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you begin to realise all these, it means that you have already grown up. Life is like a box of chocolate, and you will never know what will come next. So just move on!

    ReplyDelete