Saturday, March 13, 2010

Looking Back

I cannot remember what I am thinking every morning when I open my eyes, since it is a really tough process for me to come out of my bed. However, every night before I go to bed, I think about what have done during the whole day, something bad, and something good. It helps me get to sleep, at least I believe so.

This time I go somewhere further, it is when I made my first step on the land of Singapore. I can still remember the humid air came around me, flowing gently into my lungs; I can still remember the long line in which we waited for the visa check, exhausted but excited; I can even feel the weight of my suitcases. How time flies! It was almost three months ago, but I see it as if it was yesterday.

If you try to remember, you can see the bridge which is part of our hiking route. More importantly, it was the height of the bridge and the upper part of the trees which you could touch with your hands left a great impression on me. With sweat running down my forehead wetting my shirt, sunshine going through the apertures baking my skin, I was kind of tired but still curious about what I saw around me-----a dream-place for me.

As my thought goes, I come back to my first class in the bridging course. It was a difficult time for me, especially for my ears. Paying all of my attention to the teacher, I still could not hear the teacher clearly and understand her well. Well, now you see; I quite enjoy my time in class, and listening is not a problem any longer.

“Happy Chinese new year!” I hear a familiar voice saying to me. Oh! It is New Year’s Eve! I can see some of my seniors and my roommates are sitting in front of me enjoying the spring festival performance on the screen. I can also feel the pleasant smell of the dumplings squeezing into my nose and the slaver gathering under my tongue. Thanks to all the seniors! Thank you for treating us such a feast, a feast in emotion.

Well, I do not know how I get out of my thoughts, but I treasure such kind of looking back. It gives me a better understanding of what I was and what I am now.

2 comments:

  1. i agree with you. sometimes, we need to look back to the 'road' i have passed, and then i will treasure what i have now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking back , how much complex emotions surfaces!when i feel a little homesick, i will scan the photos taken before and get power, courage to proceed. time escaping, we have passed a half of our bridging course. we have experienced so much happiness, sorrow, sadness, anger, we have witnessed the progress we have achieved in English. Come on, guy! we can do it better!

    ReplyDelete