Monday, March 15, 2010

zp love nature






My classmates used to ask me why I want to choose life science as my major. I just told them that I loved nature from the bottom of my heart.

I was around five years old when I first saw a mantis, a female mantis which was about to lay eggs. I can still remember that she seemed really labored and the whole process lasted for a few minutes. She laid the eggs on a thin branch and left, exhausted. Out of curiosity, I broke the branch and bring it home. It took me a long time to observe the small milk-white palace for baby mantises; however, kids lost interest in new things very soon. I placed it on the desk but it dropped into the gap between the desk and wall. I could not reach it so I left it alone. Months past and I hardly forgot it. Next spring, one morning, grandpa waked me up and told me that he found something interesting. I quickly got out of my bed and followed him to the living room.

“There!” said grandpa, pointing to the wall.

I just could not believe my eyes-----so many tiny baby mantises were crawling on the wall! They were puny but energetic. I realized that they came out from the eggs I had brought home last autumn. It was magic. So many years have passed, but I could still feel that kind of excitement.

Since then, nature captured all my heart. I remember catching earthworms after rain, chasing after dragonflies in a sunny day along the shore, removing the stones to see how many insects were under them. I also remember how an adult mantis ate a young mantis as well as the whole process of the blooming of evening primroses in a peaceful night……

I was happy to have the time to get close to nature after the college entrance exams. It was a good time, a memorable time, and an unforgettable time to me. Here I would like “show off” some of the photos I took during that period. Every time I see the photos, it reminds me of those colorful days.

The closer you get to nature, the closer you get to life.

5 comments:

  1. Attracted by your fascinating pictures, I find myself lost in the great nature. I think nature is the gift the god give to us.What we should do is to protect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think you are different from other boys. You are always humble and kind, and sometimes very humorous and far away from impatience like others. Moreover, you like the nature and have enthusiasm towards life!
    You know,though many people have their own dreams,but when these dreams are compared with money or other things, they may be given up finally. However, you still choose to insist your dream though many upset comments are made on it. I really respect you!
    I believe you can have a bright future and studying what you like you are sure to be really happy!
    Best wishes to you and always stand by you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nature is wonderful! Your pictures are beautiful~ I also like to study life science but it is too hard for me to memorize so many words of this major. I believe you will do well in this major.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your amazing photos! To be honest, your attitude towards nature really influences me a lot. I was not so curious about nature before recognizing you. I usually excuse for busy school work and does not spend too many time to enjoy the nature. I do admire your insistence on your interests. Hope you can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pictures you show are really beautiful and attactive. and i agree with you to choose the major you like! i believe that you can do it well!

    ReplyDelete