Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Long Journey

Last Saturday night, we just finished a DOTA game, and prepared to sleep. After clearing up the mess, I had a glance at my watch, 11:45; then, I was suddenly aware that 15 minutes later, I would be 20 years old. I had thought nobody would remember this day’s meaning besides festival of lanterns at that time, which was just like before, in my old days.

Lying on the bed, I recalled my past 20 years. They were as vivid as a river flew past my mind. As you know, people like to consider life as a journey, and I had been walking on my road for 20 years. During this journey, I had something lost as well as something gained, and I had been once lovely, though you may not believe. But now, I am just like what I am, in contrast with what I have thought to be.

The watch showed the time of 11:55, so I was going to close my eyes to wait for my new age coming. Suddenly, laughter, congratulations’ words and birthday songs came to me together. When I opened my eyes to see my happy birthday party, I talked to myself, “that’s all over, so, let it be. My new journey has already started.”

5 comments:

  1. A life long journey, we also experience that and thinking about it throughout make our dream more clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moved by your short diary, I should say 20 years old is a significant step in our short lives. Besides, we have the celebration in a unfamiliar foreign country, which means it is more challenging and meaningful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations!!! i think everyone will experience the special time resulting in different feelings. Yeah, when recalling the past, immense signs with emotions will come into our minds. the past is history, and the present is present,so let's fight!!! Do better than before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for you! Time flies, we are going to finish our juvenile years and get into our twenties. Recalling the childhood, the memory is as vivid as it just happened yesterday. After all, the past has passed. Let us welcome the new day togetherO(∩_∩)O~

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe, i do believe you were once lovely! and i think you are also quite lovely now!
    either a long journey or a box of chocolates, we are sure to find what life is like by ourselves!

    ReplyDelete