Monday, March 8, 2010

Interfere or Not ?

When other people interfered in your private life, you would definitely shout," Don't interfere!" But if these people were your parents, what kind of response would you have? Would you let them interfere or not? As to me, I've experienced something like this. I would like to share my experience and opinion with you.

When I was in the stressful and nervous period of time preparing for the important and fierce college entrance examination, I fell in love with a boy, which was regarded as unacceptable and forbidden to my parents. So I kept it as a secret. In their opinons, loving was strictly not allowed because it might do harm to my study as well as emotion. However, my mom saw a letter on my desk by accident, and sure enough, she opened it and read. This was a letter from my boyfriend in memory of Valentine's Day. Through this letter, the fact that I fell in love was revealed and my mom suddenly realised all the things. But during the preparation time, my parents pretended that nothing had happened and didn't scold me. Until the college entrance examination was over, they revealed the secret to me which has been hidden for several months and had a long talk with me.

Do you know what my feelings were after knowing the series of things? I felt so shocked that I couldn't help crying and felt extremely sad. Of course my mom had interfered in my privacy which is forbidden by law. But I didn't want to blame her for this, because what she had done was good to me and I could feel all her pains. The reason for pretending was not to disturb my preparation work and not influence my feelings. I regretted for my wrong behaviour. They must have been worried about me a lot and suffered a lot emotionally. I felt sorry for them and I determined to try my best to deal with study and love as well as I could.

As a result, when it comes to the question that whether to let your parents interfere in your privacy or not, I would probably answer," Though it is forbidden by law, it is our responsibilities to let them know how our private lives go to make them at ease and happy." Their interference is care and love which we should understand.

3 comments:

  1. What a considerate girl you are!I think if you love each other, your true love will finally move your parents. At last, your love will come to a happy ending. Hope you happy everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To tell the truth, i hide nothing back from my parents, though i believe i am a secretive boy! maybe, at home or school i can anything i like, they do not intrude and let me decide for myself so i have no idea on what you say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, your parents are very kind! as you say, your parents did not sacre at you when they knew your secret. so maybe you should thank to your parents, and try your best to deal with study and love as well as you could. do not make them disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete