Give Over
Last Friday, Ying Danna and I went to Queenstown Secondary School for our Give teaching. We hadn’t been there for two weeks because they students were taking exams at that time. I was wondering whether my students knew me or not without meeting for three weeks. Arrived there, Mr. Ong, our mentor, was waiting there as usual. He told us that our class had been cancelled, for they would go for a camp activity. Instead of teaching, we were assigned to correct students’ examination papers. Next week MOE officers would collect our photos and put an end to the program. That is to say, our class was over after this Friday. Suddenly, some special feelings filled my mind; however, I could not tell it was happiness or sorrow, just complicated.
I recalled the coming and going of the program then. Two months ago, I had the first meeting with Mr. Ong. And I luckily witnessed the Singapore-style flag raising activity afterwards. The early getting-up of the first teaching, the nervousness of the first teaching, the remarkable meeting with the principal and the kindness of Mr. Ong and other enthusiastic staffs, I have been impressed deeply. Any words seem week and blank when I try to show my gratitude and appreciation.
The grade manager Ms. Zhou and Mr. Ong had a short talking with us. Ms. Zhou hoped that we could go to Queenstown Secondary School regularly. I agreed it. I want to go back to the school some day. Via the program, I deepen my understanding of the education and culture of Singapore, what’s more, my life had been enriched sharply. Give is over, game will never be over.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am surprised that your give program finished so early. Although it is a short time program, I bet you must have learnt a lot since you are such a brilliant and eager boy.
ReplyDeleteAs you have said, when hearing your class would finish that Friday, you felt complicated. I think I could understand your feelings. When we start one thing, we may hope it could finish earlier due to the pressure or fear. However, as time goes on, we generally tend to like it. Then all of a sudden, it finishes, much sooner than we expect, leaving us at a loss. Just like my high school life, which I urge to experience again.
Maybe that is life. Once it finishes, you can never have it again. what we could do is develop interest to all they things we have to do as soon as possible and appreciate it from the very beginning so that we won't regret later.
how i wish i signed up for the give program. it must a really exciting "adventure" !!
ReplyDeletejust as you said,"give is over, game will never be over." i am sure such experience will leave a deep impression on you. maybe several years later, when you look back, you can get a better understanding of education.
I think you must have gained a lot through your give programme, whatever.----Tian Hua
ReplyDeletegive program is really a good program. you can help those people who need help and at the sme time you also gain something from this program. so you are really lucky. i wish i could have a chance.
ReplyDelete