Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pay It Forward

Pay It Forward is a utopian film. It argues for a better world and brings a glimmer of hope that seems to respond to the pessimism of American Beauty. In the film, a bright 11-year-old schoolboy named Trevor, coming from a troubled home, with mother an alcoholic and father away, stumbles upon a simple way to change the world. His teacher’s unusual assignment-think up a practical way to make the world a better place inspired Trevor to come up with the notion of “Pay It Forward”. In the end he did succeed, and did changed a lot of things, although he finally left the world he had tried to change. However, that is not what the matter lies in. What really matters is the changes he has brought about, the true meanings he has describe about life.


I still remember at the end of the film, during the interview, Trevor said all those words that I could hardly believe they were out of the mouth of a young school boy. “I guess it's hard for people who are so used to things the way they are - even if they're bad - to change. 'Cause they kind of give up. And when they do, everybody kind of loses.”

As far as I am concerned, paying it forward is always more important than paying it back, because at least for me, I never help others simply out of paying it back. So try your best to pay it forward right at this moment, and never hesitate or wait until “you have already blew out your candles”.

No comments:

Post a Comment