Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Time
We, the 18th SM3 students, have come Singapore for half a year. During this period, what do we gain? Frankly speaking, I have gained little. Because most my time was spent in doing some meaningless things. It is four months since I had English lessons, but I just made little progress in English. If you ask what did I do these days? I really do not know. This year I am 20 years old and after four-year university life, I will be 24 years old. At that time, I just begin to strive after my dream, but how long does it take? I do not know, either. Maybe all my life will pass when I do not know. Time passes quickly and silently. When we get older, we will regret why we did not treasure those time. So please make the best use of the time, especially this period time, which is the best time in your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you know Steve Jobs? We will read one of his speeches in week twenty-three. In 2005 he gave the speech in Stanford—one of the finest universities in the world. He talked about life and death that day. You believe? The first thing he do in the morning is asking himself “if today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” He chose the right way to question himself—“almost everything—all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure—these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
ReplyDeleteHe is right; perhaps only in face of death can you pinpoint what is really important to do today.
Dear classmate, I think you could ask the same question to help you find out what is valuable in your heart, since you think what you do now is of little value. Never consider others’ opinion on you, maybe what you do looks “stupid” to them, but because it is the most worthy thing for you, just do it, follow your heart. You will not regret that one morning you wake up, you ask yourself; you make a big decision which may change your life. Good luck!
To most degree, I agree with you.
ReplyDeleteTime flies! We have been in Singapore for half a year! Sometimes we don't know exactly what we are doing. However, we still have the original dream. That is enough. I think maybe later we may regret having spent these days doing nothig. However, if we still keep our dream, we still want to make our efforts to realize it and then the dream will be realized.
Also, you say you have gained little. I think everyone may have a time when he or she learns things quickly and another time when he or she learns more slowly. It is possible and common. Never lose confidence of yourself. In addition, the process of learning varies from person to person. We just need to listen to ourselves. Have we tried our best? If the answer is not, there is no problem. The only thing we need to do is to value the time from now on. If we have become aware of the importance of the time, it's good and everything will be OK. We have just less than two months to finish all the courses and then we will become a real member of NUS. At that time, we will be busier. At this time, it is wise to make best use of the time and prepare for the later university life.