Do you still remember the time when we were appreciating the beautiful poetry? Do you still remember the time when we were lost in the artistic conception of the poetry? Do you still remember the time when we argued with each other about the different understanding of the theme of the poetry? That seems not long ago but it has passed.
When tutor said that we were going to talk about the poetry, my mind took me to the hard but happy time when we were preparing for the college entrance examination. Time flied when we were answering the thousands of examination questions. At that time, the most enjoyable time may be the time when I read the beautiful essays. To tell the truth, I like reading prose much more than poetry. Every time when I brought a prose, I couldn’t wait to read it. I was attracted by the beautiful words, the metaphor, the beautiful artistic conception and the deep theme. Compared to poetry, prose is always longer and makes me think more. What is more, there was a hot tendency to read prose so that a periodical called “Prose” was always out of sale and we often talked with teachers about the theme of the article. Sometimes the teacher was not sure and we discussed with each other, from which we not only improved the skill of understanding and reading, but deepened our thought. When it came to poetry, a boy was an actual poet as he can write a beautiful poem and even an editor of a newspaper spoke highly of it and said that even he can’t write such a good poem. On those days, he was the symbol of our class.
Now he was still writing his poems and we are here writing our life poem. For the dream, we are still making all the effort to land on the road of success. Never give up. That is what I want to say. Keep trying and refresh our poetry of life!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I prefer Chinese ancient poems. I think our deep perceiving of Chinese would never be replaced by English however long we study English. Every time I silently read the exquisite sentences I can feel its great power of emotions. However, I still cannot understand the beautify of English ones.
ReplyDeletei strongly recommend Robert Frost's poems to you. i love his poem"stopping by woods on a snowy evening" best. it has fantastic rhyme and rhythm.
ReplyDeletedo read it, you will like it, i am pretty sure about that!
I think those girls who are good at writing beautiful prose are really elegant. One of my best friends is an excellent writer when she was young. She got a very high score in the college entrance examination and she could enter a famous university in Beijing. However, she decide to go to The Hong Kong Polytechnic University to major in English. I cannot understand her decision at first. Finally, she told me that her dream is to be an outstanding translator and she wants to translate all the beautiful literary writings, because literature is her lifelong love.
ReplyDeleteEvery time our Chinese teacher analysises the poems, most of us are falling asleep. Then my teacher changes her strategy. She ask everyone to take turns to analysis the poem. Everyone share his or her fantastic opinion about the poems. Consequently, everyone concentrates on the poems and since then I have a interset in the poems.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you that we are here writing our life poetry. Some people prefer to spend their lives like splendid history poems; some make their lives like beautiful landscape poems; some people's lives are like miracle poems, exciting and hard to understand; others' lives are the same as long narrative poems, may lack excitement but real and long-lasting. However, on matter what kind of life we choose, I all wish we could manage to make every words beautiful and every sentence has rhyme!
ReplyDelete