Sunday, May 2, 2010

A trip to science centre

A trip to science centre

This Thursday, we went to the science centre.

In this short journey, we saw many interesting and advanced technologies. In those technologies, the most attractive one I thought was the time machine which could give you your future image. At first, I sit there and chose age, race and gender. The machine would take my photograph. Then I needed to point out where my eyes and mouth were in my photograph. After that, the machine would generate my images when I was old.

When I was 9 years old, I had seen this kind of machines. I was so happy to see what and how I was in the future. I took photos again and again without feeling bored. At that time, I imagined I might be a scientist or the most powerful man. It was a very common dream among children.

How time flies, now I am 18 years old which is twice than 9. During the 9 years, I found that many things which I thought or which I wanted to do were very impractical. I gave up a lot of them and tried to find other dreams which were easy to realize to replace my old dreams. Actually, I don’t think it is not a good sign for me. Besides, I become afraid to face what and how I am in the future.

Maybe what I can rely on is a time machine which I might be impossible to see in my lifetime.

3 comments:

  1. To tell the truth, I think that science center is more suitable to primary school students. Many knowledge and phenomenon are not new or unique. It also recalls my memory when I first went to a science center in Beijing at the age of 12. That was an unforgettable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you say you find some of your thought are impractical and you begin to find other dreams which are easy to realise. something grieved arise in my heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Zhi Wei:

    try to say the grieved things out. don't bury them in heart..

    ReplyDelete