Poetry is the most beautiful word in the world. Simple, but profound, it is the best way to expound life. From ancient time, thousands of poets have been thinking of what is the meaning of life. As a girl who may not be great enough but extremely love life, I love one piece of poem most. What the poet tried to deliver is exactly the same as my interpretation of life.
From tomorrow on / I will be a happy man / Grooming, chopping / and traveling all over the world / From tomorrow on / I will care foodstuff and vegetable / Living in a house towards the sea / with spring blossoms / From tomorrow on / write to each of my dear ones / Telling them of my happiness / What the lightening of happiness has told me / I will spread it to each of them / Give a warm name for every river and every mountain / Strangers, I will also wish you happy / May you have a brilliant future! / May you lovers eventually become spouse! / May you enjoy happiness in this earthly world! / I only wish to face the sea, with spring blossoms.
Facing the sea with spring blossoms is one of my favorite poems. Every time I read about it, my heart will become warm suddenly as if small fires dance at the bottom of my heart. Life in this poem is quiet, simple and happy. The poet, Haizi, tried to be a happy person and would like to do house chores and travel the world. He wanted to have a house facing the sea so that every day was warm with flowers blooming everywhere. In my opinion, house chores represent reality and travelling symbolizes the dream. The house which faces the sea is the balance of reality and dream. In the world of the poetry, the contraction between dream and reality is the eternal topic. However, most of poets pay too much attention to the dream. When life goes out of their expectation, they start to complain about it. On the contrary, Haizi tried to find the balance between the dream and the reality. Although he failed at last and finally chose to commit suicide, he always held great passion towards life and tomorrow during the process.
Many people doubt that Haizi loved the world due to his suicide. I think he loved the world, otherwise, he wouldn’t dream. Unfortunately, he lived in a time when individuals were not able to choose the life they wanted. As a result, the deeper he loved the world, the more seriously he got hurt. However, decades later, the poem of Haizi can give us a right guidance in nowadays. Looking at today’s literary world, it is not difficult to find that many works are filled with complaints and depression. Many authors love whinging and moaning and they try to express their so-called depth in this way. However, the real depth is far more than that. It comes from the knowledge and the deep love towards life and world. Reading Haizi’s poem, you can find it.
From tomorrow on, I will be a happy person. I will wish everyone and pursue the peaceful life just as Haizi did.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, you can pour your emotions and feelings totally in the poems. Lost in the beautiful poems, I recall my memory about the time I am learning the poems. By the way, why tomorrow, We should be happy from today on...
ReplyDelete面朝大海,春暖花开
ReplyDelete作者:海子
从明天起,做一个幸福的人
喂马、劈柴,周游世界
从明天起,关心粮食和蔬菜
我有一所房子,面朝大海,春暖花开
从明天起,和每一个亲人通信
告诉他们我的幸福
那幸福的闪电告诉我的
我将告诉每一个人
给每一条河、每一座山取一个温暖的名字
陌生人,我也为你祝福
愿你有一个灿烂的前程
愿你有情人终成眷属
愿你在尘世获得幸福
我只愿面朝大海,春暖花开
well, i like the english edition you translated, but still prefer the original one.O(∩_∩)O
do you know there is a song written by a singer called Hu Pan? he wrote a song for the poem, and it sounds peaceful and harmonious.
you really did a insightful interpretation. i think your appreciation skills are good. in my opinion, that"tomorrow", in which "i will be a happy man" may never come. that's why sometimes i think haizi lost his hope in the real world, but keep his faith and innocence in his own emotional world. i interprete the poem in this way...... but sometimes when i read it again, i also agree with you. haizi was such a complicated young man. this may be one of the reasons why he committed suicide.