Monday, May 10, 2010

Science or Art


When we mention poetry in the class, the situation reminds me of my Chinese class in senior high school in China. It is generally assumed that girls are more likely to do well in Chinese, history and some other courses in arts. In practice, however, I seem to be an exception because I am least able to study Chinese, especially on the composition part.

The writing class would always be my nightmare beyond all doubt. I still remember that my Chinese teacher often talked with me about my assignments and demanded me focusing more on it and showing rapid progress in writing. Accordingly, I devoted myself to improving my writing skills. Nevertheless, I had to admit defeat.

For this reason, when we were facing the choices between science and art in the following study period, I decided to study science without the least hesitation. Although I am not so good at science study, such as physics, I could abide by those courses at least. After I started my second year in my senior high school, my Chinese scores unexpectedly enhance. Maybe I had found some answering technique.

As a Chinese, it is a pity that I do not have a great academic knowledge of Chinese culture. However, I have a dream that I will cultivate my children since they are young and make them have no barrier in writing essays or something.

3 comments:

  1. I think if you want to write a good essay, you need to have a rich knowledge. When I admired one of my friends for her perfect essay, a person said something to me that I will never forget. She said: do you know how many books she has read? From that, I learnt that if you want to write a good essay, you not only need to know the skills of writing, but a rich knowledge in the area which you write about and a deep thought. From books, we not only get knowledge, but deepen our thought. Good books always receive us with the same kindness,amusing and instructing us in youth, comforting and consoling us in age. Read books, and you can learn a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (∩∩) High marks in Chinese unnecessarily equal poor knowledge of Chinese culture. I think it would turn out very interesting when you have a taste of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, different people have different talents, we can not force them to handle everthing. When you are educating your children, give them some space to develop by themselves, hehe!

    ReplyDelete