Sunday, May 2, 2010

Starry Night

How long haven’t I looked upon at the sky? I asked myself.

The answer is silence.

When I was young, the starry sky means truth and science. I loved starry night. I loved to hold up my head and stare at the stars, which were extremely outstanding on the background of deep blue sky. Countless stars twinkled in the sky, whispered their small secretes. To me, it was too difficult to figure out their number, but I did feel they were beautiful, and that was enough. These seven stars form Triones, those are Orion… I adored memorizing the scope of constellations. The stars, even they were far away from me, never lost their magic which fascinates me. Why there are so many stars in the sky? Why do stars have different colours? Are they home to the aliens? As a young girl, my little brain was always overflowing with all kinds of questions. I wanted to question, I urged to get the answers. However, some questions were easy to answer, some remained puzzles then. At that time, the elders would pat my head and say, “It is up to you to figure them out.” The stars, liked a guide more or less, led me to seek the unknowns, let me sure I am a child who was desperate for knowledge.

However, as I grew older and older, I gradually forget the joy of looking at the stars. Having memorized so many astronomical theories, having learnt so many astronomers’ stories, I dolefully found out that they never ever touched me, neither evoked me of the joys which I had tasted when staring at the starry night at the young age. I used to be a child who was desperate for knowledge, but nowadays I have never felt excited to the knowledge any more. What is going on to me? Where are my joys? Maybe I was only a little scared when the sea of knowledge in books burst into my mind; maybe I was just a little tired and would recover soon; maybe not yet.

At least, the stars twinkle as usual.

5 comments:

  1. To be honest, I do not think I am a person who have high passion in daily life. Even when I was young, I did not concentrate on the night sky frequetly. Kangjia is the one who have a deep love in life. She always pays attention to many details in life and shows her excitement. Together with her, I also find the beauty in life which has brought me enormous enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember you once said that you want to be a writer in the future. i do not know it just a joke or not.in my opinion, you can be a writer because you can open your heart to the nature and see and think many things that are ignored by others. this is very precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tian Hua---When I was a child, my mother told me never point to the moon, or the immortal would cut down your ears when you were asleep in the middle night, and I believed that. Now I have grown up, and I know what my mother told me was wrong. However, I will forever believe it because it has ever give me imagination and that starry night, is always in my dream, my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes we are too busy to pay attention to the beautiful scenery in life.
    what is more important? dealing with daily chores or stoping for a moment to have a view of nice surrondings?
    i always choose the second one, i hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you really tired? If so, stop, think thoroughly and do something pleasant to you. Never push yourself too hard. I still remembered that you had mentioned that you wanted to watch the sky. The sky is board and it is pure. I do enjoy the feeling that sitting with friends watching the sky and talking about everything. What about you? Which one do you prefer, talking or silence? If your answer is the former, next time maybe we can watch the sky together.

    ReplyDelete