Saturday, May 1, 2010

Jay






"最美的爱情,回忆里待续……"



The immature young man has grown up; the vagrant singer has become a pop star long before; but the music genius seems to have lost his talent and his special taste for music. He is jay, my ever favorite pop singer.

The night before jay published his new song “superman cannot fly”, I happened to have gone over all his songs in the past ten years. It was a lifelong journey. I found that every song was associated with a special period of time in my life. When I heard the lyrics, the rhythm and the tune, my past experience all flashed back to my mind. I could feel the sunshine on my face, the breeze along my shoulders, and the relaxation of riding along the river in a peaceful park. It seemed as if I was back to the time when I heard the very song for the first time. One song, one time, and one place. I surely covered a lot of places and recalled many experiences that night. The songs represented the feelings of an innocent boy who was easily gloomy and brought me back to a pure fairy-tale-world.

The new song “superman cannot fly” speaks for jay himself. It expresses his feelings of being a super star. He is stressed and nervous. He is under big pressure. The fact that we seldom hear beautiful songs from him these two years may result from such pressure. Only if we allow the “superman” to be a normal person can he make great songs. However, the press is sure to continue to give him a lot of pressure. I do hope he could survive from it; at least, the situation now is much better than that ten years ago when he first tried to be a singer. I wish all the inspiration flow back to his mind, all the beautiful rhetorical words flood back under his pen, and all the smooth rhythms come back to his heart……

4 comments:

  1. Encounter a song, encounter a kind of mood.
    I always believe in such saying: a song must have its soul. however, there are so many songs without souls in present music circle. They only repeat their sorrow, tell listeners a simple and illogical story. Maybe Jay's creative powers have been exhausted at present, but his productions still have fresh and blood. He dares to tell us his feelings through his songs. What he needs is focus on music,only music.That is what he really good at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay's songs have influenced our generation deeply. according to his new songs, i think it is time for him to come back to music from movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When he debuted, I did not like him. Maybe the reason is that he is so unique that I ccannot accept him. Until senior high school, I suddenly found that his songs were beautiful and he was a talent in music. However, I am not satisfied with his latest works. Perhaps, I still need some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i shoe no interes in singers but jay is a excerption the reason may be one of my friend is his fan. however i like his songs very much although i do not like some of his behavior

    ReplyDelete