Every one of you had studied in your own university before came to Singapore. During that time, I think most of you had gained many valuable friendships with your past roommates, hadn’t you? And I think most of the girls here and even some of the boys cried when you left your university, didn’t you?
So we can see the friendships between roommates are usually strong and powerful, because they live most closely. Come back to now, after leaving our parents, our roommates in Eton hall became the closest persons to us. We will live together for 7 months or even longer. In my opinion, we should not only get along well but also make best friends with them. Let me talk about myself. I lived in 101, there are only four persons in my room, including me. My three roommates are very kind and easygoing. I often realize that they are concerning about me. Here is a example, I always get up too late in the morning to eat breakfast, so my classmates always take a cake or a piece of bread to me and give me a phone call at 8 o’clock to avoid me being late. Although these are very small things, I feel very thankful to them. There are too many things such like those. With caring about each other, I feel the friendship between us grows quickly.
However, I feel very good with this situation, with several best friends around me all the time, I feel less homesickness and the life becomes more colorful. So believe me please, if you make your roommates become your best friends, you can find that the things you have gained are much more than what you expected.
So please treat your roommates as your best friends now. Just do it. There is not a long time leave now. I hope we are assigned to the same hall in university.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is very unlucky to us that we live in Eton Hall, such as poor hall.. It is also very lucky that there are big rooms for us living together.
ReplyDeleteYes, I admire your precious friendship here very much. I have a best friend in Central South University and I am trying to find another one here. Maybe in my opinion, best friends may not be the ones who live the closest to us, but the ones who share the same interests and values with us.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was in Jilin University, I lived in a room of four, but actually there are only three girls in my dormitory. Furthermore, we three are all kind of quite. Sometimes , I felt lonely and a little bit boring. While in Eton Hall, there are eight girls in a room, it seems that we have more fun together.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you have good roommates but surprised that you are not an early riser!
ReplyDeletei admire you!
ReplyDelete