Singapore Science Centre Visit
I am interested in Science. On Thursday, we SM3 students visited Singapore Science Centre. I was totally shocked by the power of science technology.
As soon as we got to our destination, we found a huge dinosaur. It was so real that we thought dinosaurs have not died out yet, because it can ascend, descend and roar. The most important is that its skin looks very true to nature. At that time, I thought science will really revive died creatures such dinosaurs in the near future.
Then we got into the hall to see a scientific introduction film. In my mind a screen in cinema usually locates on the front wall. People always sit on the seats to watch movie. However, in the science center, what I saw thoroughly changed my opinion. The total roof and the walls are a screen! The seats are not straight but slantwise, which means people can lie to watch movies. Nevertheless, I really did not know if it was a 3-D movie. I had no the feeling of getting into the movie. Anyway, it gave me a new opinion and expanded my horizon.
The rest time was free time. We visit by ourselves. I thought it was the happiest time. During this time, I found a variety of discoveries and inventions. For example, there are models of solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, and spacesuit and so on. All kinds of math’s classical problems also drew my attention. In addition, the demonstration of electricity was very attractive, too. What surprised me most was that in a corner, there is a square table which is covered by glass except the top. I can only see people’s head on the top but no body. It was so amazing. I can hardly believe this that I stood still with surprise. Then my friend told me there was a hole at the back. I walked to the back and suddenly found it. “Oh! It is!” In fact, there was no technology about this strange thing. It was just that my eyes cheated me. Then my doubt broke away.
In conclusion, this visit gave me a deeper understanding of science. We had a nice day.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it seems that you really enjoyed the trip to Science Center! so do i! i didn't go to the dinosaurs exhibition, what a pity!
ReplyDeletehowever, i will go there again in the near future! i plan to spend a whole day there.
following the steps of those greatest scientists, i am sure it will be an interesting adventure!
It's many scientists's art.. but most of the things there are not very high-tech.. I think in world-expo in shanghai will be much better.
ReplyDelete