I am not good at gardening, in other words, I am a gardening lover but a plant killer. All the plants planted by me had end up dying. After experiencing so many plants’ funerals and streaming so many tears, I had no choice but to admit the fact that my nonparticipation in gardening is the wisest decision to protect plants.
My first plant victim was a jasmine. It was in my primary school time when I brought it from plants market. At that time, it was a young plant with little buds in the branches. I was excited then for that was my first time to grow flowers. I urged to do my best to take care of it. Every day, I would stare at it for several minutes; see whether there was insects in the soil, clean dirt on every leaf, remove every yellow leaf from branches. I never felt tired to repeat the same routine several times every day and was always full of passion. After two or three weeks, it blossomed. I was so proud of my job that I told it everyone I met. However, it was the beginning of jasmine’s tragedy. After I realized that all the people had known my jasmine’s blossom and I had no more audiences, I was bored and my passion faded. Then, the jasmine had been thrown out of my mind. Several weeks later, when I suddenly remembered my jasmine and went to the balcony to see it, it had already died. Leaves were all yellow and flowers disappeared. In other words, I killed it. After this tragedy, I struggled to grow other kinds of plants, but even the most tenacious plants such as cactus would die when they were under my care. No matter how careful I was, their lives would never last long.
I was extremely sorry for the plants which were dead under my care. I used to blame it to my carelessness. But when I grew older, I realized that the tragedy would happen no matter how much effort I made for my plant, because their natures should be like this. They do not belong to flowerpots. They would rather die without freedom. The best way to grow plants is to leave them in wild.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha~ you are such a kindhearted girl. Do not feel sad for the death of your plants, it is not all because of your fault. We need to let it be in their nature. As you said, they would rather die without freedom, the best way to grow plants is to leave them in wild~
ReplyDelete