Saturday, May 29, 2010

never say bye

After reading ZhaoPeng’s blog, I was deeply moved. I have to admit that every time when it comes to recall the old days, I will become sensitive and vulnerable. How time flies! Half a year had passed, during the bridging course, there are so many lovely guys and gals, and there are so many beautiful memories.


I still remember the first day I stepped into group 7. It was an afternoon; Mrs. Sonali guided us to the small tutorial room. Because I was not familiar with the structure of NUS, the way seemed never comes to the end. At that time, I did not have many friends, walking alone at the end of the crowed, I felt a little lonely and afraid, many thinking came to my mind, like passing through the dense mist, and everything was unknown. I still remember the first time I spoke to the whole group, felt nervous but tried to calm myself down. In the following days, we got many chances to stand in front of many people to give a speech. However, I never felt nervous when speaking in front of my dear group 7 member. Every time staring at you guys, I can get courage and energy, helping me overcomes the fears.


I still remember the Tuesdays I went to TOASTMATER with ZhaoPeng. It was such a beneficial club to improve our presentation skills. By the reason that I was not a member of TOASTMASTER, I have not presented there. To some extent, I just went there to practice my listening skills. It was also interesting to be an audience, seeing others overcome the fears and make progression step by step, seeing some people who were really good at giving speech. I would admit that some times after seeing such a big distance between them and myself, I could not help being upset, but that was the motivation vice versa. There is still a long way to go; we still need to make efforts.


I still remember the days I was busy preparing for the Spring Festival. Being an emcee for the Spring Festival ceremony was one of the best memories during my bridging course days. Cooperated with some seniors, I firstly realized that people may change a lot after several years’ university life. They consider all aspects of their decision; they need to balance their cap and cca. Life in university is busy and hard, they got more freedom in the surface, however, more duty and responsibility.


I still remember the unexpected 18th birthday. In the darkness, all of my dear classmates smiled at me, in the glistening candle light. I still remember we shared the birthday cakes; I still remember we wrote down the numbers on the balloons and ‘punished’ the 3 lucky guys; I still remember Kangjia passed me the present, I believe it is one of the best presents I have ever received. I have read your letters over and over again after that day, they are all lying in the exquisite box quietly now, I will keep it carefully and read it in some warm afternoons. Thanks you all, my dear friends, your wishes are the best gifts, I really feel lucky that I have the chance to know you all, to study in the same classroom for such a long time, to be friends with everyone!


I still remember our two parties, one is the BBQ at the East Coast Park, and one is the gathering in Sentosa. Making fires in the rain, feeling eager to get one delicious chicken wing, taking photos on the hanging bridge, playing ShaRen in the darkness, waiting for the bus lately…… Big rain have never put out our happiness, kites flied away have never take our hope away.


As a member of group 7, I really felt lucky. Everyone in our group is so nice, kindhearted and entreprenant. It is time to say good bye to our English bridging course, however, it is not the time to say bye to my dear friends. We will spread out over the different faculties in the future, however, we will always be a part of group 7, forever~


Let the fragrant drift and drag under the candlelight, reflect the shadow on the stone as it carries a little bite of clarity and sweetness.

And, best wishes to you all, my dear friends!

4 comments:

  1. well, i never thought that my blog may move someone else, myself is enough. i am happy to see that you are.
    just like you said, we got many chances to do public speech. i think you are really good at it, you never seem to be lack of ideas, while i usually spoke for a few minutes and got stuck^^
    i am also happy that TOASTMASTER gave you something valuable, i suggest that all the classmates go there and get their skills improved. although i found it tough at first, but later i really enjoy the atmosphere there. hope you get more from the club.
    as for the SENTOSA trip, it was a pity that i wasn't there, but i will be present at the last trip of our class.
    i also feel lucky to be in this group, the class is really relaxing. the tutors are kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo~~~ wonderful memories and fantastic records! definitely the half a year is one of the happiest period of my entire life, i bet. we are so special: a group of pre-undergraduates coming from different parts of china. However, it never curbs the friendship among us~ I can recall the highlights of our bridging courses, but the detailed feeling can never be experienced once more. time is passing and we are to part in NUS. then we may feel how precious it is to own such an exquisite memory~
    cheers up! there is no forever banquet. we are still a group wherever we are, whatever we are doing, whenever it is and however far the distance is

    ReplyDelete
  3. How time flies, it is time for us to say goodbye. but we still can meet at NUS, even in work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo~ It is really a long and precious blog that I will keep it in my memory forever because the days spent with Group seven were really happy and relaxing. Believe me, our friendship never ends though it is the end of our bridging course.

    ReplyDelete